2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 17 - Personnel
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-17-110. Program to increase racial and ethnic sensitivity
- (a) The State Board of Education is hereby authorized and directed to develop, in cooperation with the Black History Commission of Arkansas, an inclusive statewide program to increase the racial and ethnic sensitivity of teachers and administrators in the public schools of this state.
- (b) The program shall serve to assist teachers and administrators in developing a greater awareness of ethnic and racial differences, improving interpersonal skills, and enhancing racial harmony.
- (c) Participating schools and school districts shall permit their teachers and administrators who have received training in the program to assist in training other teachers and administrators.
- (d) Colleges and universities are hereby encouraged to work with neighboring local school districts regarding professional development of racial and ethnic awareness.
- (e) Records shall be kept of the activities authorized by this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.