There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 17 - Personnel
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-17-106. Insult or abuse of teacher
Universal Citation: AR Code § 6-17-106 (2017)
- (a) (1) It is unlawful during regular school hours and in a place where a public school employee is required to be in the course of his or her duties for any person to address a public school employee using language that in its common acceptation is calculated to:
- (A) Cause a breach of the peace;
- (B) Materially and substantially interfere with the operation of the school; or
- (C) Arouse the person to whom it is addressed to anger to the extent likely to cause imminent retaliation.
- (2) A person who violates this section shall be guilty of a violation and upon conviction be liable for a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500).
- (b) Each school district shall report to the Department of Education any prosecutions within the school districts under this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.