There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 16 - Curriculum
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-16-140. Vocational or technical course awards
Universal Citation: AR Code § 6-16-140 (2017)
- (a) A student who successfully completes an approved vocational or technical career pathway or program of study at a public high school shall be awarded a certificate of attainment that shall be:
- (1) Aligned in the appropriate career pathway or program of study; and
- (2) Used for consideration of acceptance and advanced placement into an apprenticeship training program.
- (b) The Department of Career Education in cooperation with the Department of Education shall determine and issue the appropriate award to a student upon successful completion of the vocational or technical career pathway or program of study.
- (c) The Department of Career Education is authorized to promulgate rules as necessary for the implementation of this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.