There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 16 - Curriculum
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-16-133. World War II veterans
Universal Citation: AR Code § 6-16-133 (2017)
- (a) In recognition of and tribute to veterans who left high school before graduation to serve in World War II, a board of directors of any school district in Arkansas may grant a diploma of graduation to any veteran meeting the requirements of subsection (c) of this section.
- (b) School districts are encouraged to present the diploma in conjunction with appropriate Veterans Day programs.
- (c) To be eligible for a high school diploma under this section, a veteran shall:
- (1) Have been honorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States of America;
- (2) Be a resident of the State of Arkansas; and
- (3) Have served between September 16, 1940, and December 31, 1946, and:
- (A) Have served a minimum of eighteen (18) consecutive months' active duty; or
- (B) Have been discharged with a service-connected disability.
- (1) The State Board of Education shall adopt rules and regulations to implement the provisions of this section.
- (2) The state board shall consult with the Department of Veterans' Affairs in developing rules and regulations to implement the provisions of this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.