There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 16 - Curriculum
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-16-105. United States flag
Universal Citation: AR Code § 6-16-105 (2017)
- (a) The directors of any school district shall:
- (1) Expend a reasonable sum from the funds of the school district for a United States flag and for the erection of a suitable flagstaff on the schoolhouse or school grounds;
- (2) See to it that the pupils are instructed in the etiquette of the flag; and
- (3) Cause the flag to be displayed on the flagstaff during school hours when the weather permits.
- (b) It shall be the duty of the school authorities of every public or private school in this state to procure a suitable United States flag, flagstaff, and the necessary appliances therefor and to require such flag to be displayed, with all proper courtesy, upon, near, or in the school buildings during the hours of school session and at such other times as the school authorities may direct.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.