There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 16 - Curriculum
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 6-16-102. School day
Universal Citation: AR Code § 6-16-102 (2017)
- (1) As used in this section, "school day" shall mean a day in which classes are in session and students receive at least six (6) hours of instructional time.
- (2) Any day in which less than six (6) hours of instructional time are provided to students shall be counted as one-half (1/2) of a school day if at least three (3) hours of instructional time are provided to students.
- (3) Any day in which less than three (3) hours of instructional time are provided to students shall not be counted as any part of a school day.
- (4) A school district may include as part of the school day the travel time between public schools or other educational programs of those students attending classes or programs authorized by law.
- (b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section, the State Board of Education shall promulgate regulations to prescribe the credit to be given students for attending school for only a portion of a school day because the school is closed due to emergency circumstances which would be hazardous to the health of the students. The state board shall also identify the emergency circumstances.
- (c) A school district is deemed to have fulfilled the requirements of subsection (a) of this section if the planned instructional time in each school day does not average less than six (6) hours each day or thirty (30) hours each week.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.