2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 15 - Educational Standards and Quality Generally
Subchapter 17 - Parental Involvement Plan
§ 6-15-1703. Professional development
- (a) The State Board of Education's Standards for Accreditation of Arkansas Public Schools and School Districts shall require the following professional development hours according to the professional development schedule under § 6-17-709:
- (1) Two (2) hours of professional development as part of the minimum number of hours of professional development required for teachers, designed to enhance understanding of effective parental involvement strategies; and
- (2) Two (2) hours of professional development as part of the minimum number of hours of professional development required for administrators, designed to enhance understanding of:
- (A) Effective parent involvement strategies; and
- (B) The importance of administrative leadership in setting expectations and creating a climate conducive to parental participation.
- (b) A school district shall provide training at least annually for volunteers who assist in an instructional program for parents.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.