2017 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 10 - General Provisions
§ 6-10-121. Tornado safety drills -- Definition
- (a) (1) As used in this section, "public school" means:
- (A) A school that is part of a public school district under the control and management of a local school district board of directors; or
- (B) An open-enrollment public charter school.
- (2) "Public school" includes the Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences, and the Arts, the Arkansas School for the Deaf, the Arkansas School for the Blind, and juvenile detention centers.
- (b) The Director of the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management shall require all public schools to conduct tornado safety drills not less than three (3) times per year in the months of September, January, and February.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.