There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 2 - Offenses Against the Person
Chapter 13 - Assault and Battery
Subchapter 3 - Terroristic Threats and Acts
§ 5-13-310. Terroristic act
Universal Citation: AR Code § 5-13-310 (2017)
- (a) A person commits a terroristic act if, while not in the commission of a lawful act, the person:
- (1) Shoots at or in any manner projects an object at a conveyance which is being operated or which is occupied by another person with the purpose to cause injury to another person or damage to property; or
- (2) Shoots at an occupiable structure with the purpose to cause injury to a person or damage to property.
- (1) Upon conviction, any person who commits a terroristic act is guilty of a Class B felony.
- (2) Upon conviction, any person who commits a terroristic act is guilty of a Class Y felony if the person with the purpose of causing physical injury to another person causes serious physical injury or death to any person.
- (c) This section does not repeal any law or part of a law in conflict with this section, but is supplemental to the law or part of a law in conflict.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.