There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 4 - Business and Commercial Law
Subtitle 7 - Consumer Protection
Chapter 90 - Automobiles
Subchapter 4 - New Motor Vehicle Quality Assurance Act
§ 4-90-413. Affirmative defenses
Universal Citation: AR Code § 4-90-413 (2017)
- It is an affirmative defense to any claim under this subchapter that:
- (1) The nonconformity, defect, or condition does not substantially impair the use, value, or safety of the motor vehicle;
- (2) The nonconformity, defect, or condition is the result of an accident, abuse, neglect, or unauthorized modification or alteration of the motor vehicle by persons other than the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer;
- (3) The claim by the consumer was not filed in good faith; or
- (4) Any other defense allowed by law that may be raised against the claim.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.