2017 Arkansas Code
Title 4 - Business and Commercial Law
Subtitle 6 - Business Practices
Chapter 72 - Franchises
Subchapter 2 - Arkansas Franchise Practices Act
§ 4-72-207. Misleading and fraudulent schemes -- Penalty -- Prosecutions
- (a) It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, in connection with the offer, sale, purchase, transfer, or assignment of any franchise in this state to knowingly:
- (1) Employ any device, scheme, or artifice to defraud;
- (2) Make any untrue statement of a material fact or omit to state a material fact necessary in order to make the statements made, in light of the circumstances under which they are made, not misleading; or
- (3) Engage in any act, practice, or course of business which operates or would operate as a fraud or deceit upon any person.
- (b) Any violation of this section shall be a Class B felony.
- (c) Prosecutions for offenses committed in violation of this section must be commenced within five (5) years from the date of the crime or within five (5) years from the date of the commission of the last overt act in furtherance of the scheme to defraud.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.