2017 Arkansas Code
Title 4 - Business and Commercial Law
Subtitle 5 - Contracts, Notes, and Other Commercial Instruments
Chapter 60 - Checks
§ 4-60-101. Definitions
- As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
- (1) "Check" means a written unconditional order to pay a sum certain in money drawn on a bank payable on demand and signed by the drawer;
- (2) "Drawee" means the bank or purported bank upon which a check is drawn;
- (3) "Drawer" means a person, either real or fictitious, whose name appears on a check as the primary obligor, whether the actual signature is that of himself or herself or a person authorized to draw the check in his or her behalf; and
- (4) "Issue" means make, draw, deliver, or pass a check.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.