2017 Arkansas Code
Title 3 - Alcoholic Beverages
Chapter 6 - Native Brandy Law
§ 3-6-104. Permits
- (a) Upon application by any qualified person, the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division or any successor thereof performing its functions as now defined by law shall issue to the person a manufacturer's permit which shall authorize and permit the person to manufacture and sell, under the terms and provisions hereof, brandy, cordials, or other distillates or component parts thereof manufactured solely from agricultural or horticultural products produced within the State of Arkansas.
- (b) However, no permit shall be granted to any person, firm, or corporation who shall not have been or whose members or all the stockholders thereof shall not have been a citizen and resident maintaining bona fide residence and domicile within the state for a continuous period of five (5) years next preceding the date of making such application.
- (c) A permit application shall be accompanied by a permit fee of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) for the issuance of such permit.
- (d) When the permit is issued, it shall be without an expiration date.
- (e) So long as the permit shall remain in full force and effect, the holder shall pay an annual permit fee of two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
- (f) The permit shall be cancelled only upon reasonable cause after hearing in the manner now provided by law.
- (g) The permit shall not be transferable.
- (h) The holder of a permit shall be authorized to manufacture the products defined in § 3-6-102 and to sell them without the necessity of obtaining any further license or permit to the holders of bona fide wholesale or retail liquor permits issued in the manner now provided by law and may sell the products to the holders of permits to manufacture native wines in this state. Manufacturers shall be authorized to sell such products at retail on the premises of the authorized place of manufacture.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.