2017 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 5 - Highways, Roads, and Streets
Chapter 76 - Regional Mobility Authority Act
Subchapter 4 - Powers and Duties
§ 27-76-403. Authority to contract
- (a) A regional mobility authority created under this chapter may enter into agreements or contracts with a governmental entity or a private entity.
- (b) The types of agreements or contracts that a regional mobility authority may enter into under this chapter include without limitation:
- (1) Lease agreements;
- (2) Rental agreements;
- (3) Operating agreements;
- (4) Service agreements;
- (5) License agreements;
- (6) Promotional agreements;
- (7) Purchasing agreements; and
- (8) Public-private partnership agreements for transportation projects concerning rail, waterway, or trail.
- (c) The scope of agreements or contracts that a regional mobility authority may enter into under this chapter includes without limitation:
- (1) Rent, lease, or make property available for the benefit of users of a transportation project or a transportation system other than a public utility facility;
- (2) Plan, design, construct, operate, or maintain a transportation project on behalf of a governmental entity within the boundaries of the regional mobility authority; and
- (3) Acquire with the consent of a governmental entity or private entity a transportation project or transportation system from that entity and assume any debts, obligations, and liabilities of the entity relating to a transportation project or transportation system transferred to the regional mobility authority, provided that a regional mobility authority shall not acquire a transportation project or transportation system from another public or private entity that is completed or for which a construction notice to proceed has been issued to convert the transportation project or transportation system to a toll facility project.
- (d) A regional mobility authority shall not sell a toll facility project to a private entity or enter into a lease for a toll facility or a concession agreement related to a toll facility.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.