2017 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 5 - Highways, Roads, and Streets
Chapter 67 - State Highway System
Subchapter 3 - Acquisition, Condemnation, and Disposition of Property
§ 27-67-303. Entry for suitability studies
- (a) The Arkansas Department of Transportation and its agents and employees may enter upon real property and make surveys, examinations, photographs, tests, and samplings, or engage in other activities for the purpose of appraising the property or determining whether it is suitable and within the power of the condemnor to take for public use, if the entry is:
- (1) Preceded by reasonable efforts to notify the owner, and any other person known to be in actual physical occupancy of the property, of the time, purpose, and scope of the planned entry and activities;
- (2) Undertaken during reasonable daylight hours;
- (3) Accomplished peaceably and without inflicting substantial injury; and
- (4) Not in violation of any other statute.
- (b) The entry and activities authorized by this section do not constitute a trespass in the absence of unnecessary damage occurring in effecting the survey or examination.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.