2017 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 4 - Motor Vehicular Traffic
Chapter 53 - Accidents
Subchapter 2 - Accident Reports
§ 27-53-208. Use of accident and supplemental reports
- (1) All required accident reports and supplemental reports shall be without prejudice to the individual so reporting and are for the use of the Department of Arkansas State Police.
- (A) The Department of Arkansas State Police may disclose the identity of a person involved in an accident when the identity is not otherwise known or when the person denies his or her presence at the accident.
- (B) Except as provided under § 27-53-202(b)(2)(B), the department may disclose to any person involved in the accident or to his or her attorney or agent the name and address of any occupants and passengers in any of the vehicles involved in the accident as may be shown by the reports.
- (1) No report shall be used as evidence in any civil or criminal trial arising out of an accident.
- (2) The Department of Arkansas State Police shall furnish the report upon the demand of any person who has made or claims to have made the report or, upon demand of any court, a certificate showing that a specified accident report has or has not been made to the Department of Arkansas State Police solely to prove a compliance or a failure to comply with the requirement that the report be made to the Department of Arkansas State Police.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.