2017 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 3 - Motor Vehicles and Their Equipment
Chapter 36 - Lighting Regulations
Subchapter 2 - Lighting Requirements Generally
§ 27-36-208. Special restrictions on lamps
- (a) Any lighted lamp or illuminating device upon a motor vehicle, other than headlamps, spot lamps, auxiliary lamps, flashing turn signals, emergency vehicle warning lamps, and school bus warning lamps, which projects a beam of light of an intensity greater than three hundred candlepower (300 cp) shall be so directed that no part of the high intensity portion of the beam will strike the level of the roadway on which the vehicle stands at a distance of more than seventy-five feet (75') from the vehicle.
- (1) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying a red, blue, or green light visible from directly in front of the center thereof.
- (2) This subsection shall not apply to any vehicle upon which a red light visible from the front is expressly authorized or required by this subchapter.
- (c) Flashing lights are prohibited except on:
- (1) An authorized emergency vehicle;
- (2) A school bus;
- (3) A funeral procession as provided in § 27-49-113;
- (4) Any vehicle as a means of indicating a right or left turn; or
- (5) Any vehicle as a means of indicating the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring unusual care in approaching, overtaking, or passing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.