2017 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 2 - Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing
Chapter 16 - Driver's Licenses Generally
Subchapter 9 - Expiration, Cancellation, Revocation, or Suspension
§ 27-16-902. Extension of expiration date of licenses for military members -- Definition. [Effective November 13, 2017.]
- (a) As used in this section, "military member" means an active duty member of:
- (1) The Air National Guard;
- (2) The Army National Guard;
- (3) A reserve component of the United States Armed Forces; or
- (4) A branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- (1) Unless the driver's license is suspended, canceled, or revoked, a driver's license issued by this state to a military member shall not expire while the military member is not residing in this state if the military member applies for an official extension of the expiration date as required by the Office of Driver Services.
- (2) A driver's license with an extended expiration date as authorized by this subsection shall remain valid until sixty (60) days after the military member separates or is honorably discharged from active duty military service.
- (c) The Director of the Department of Finance and Administration may promulgate rules necessary for compliance with this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.