2017 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 2 - Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing
Chapter 16 - Driver's Licenses Generally
Subchapter 12 - Arkansas Voluntary Enhanced Security Driver's License and Identification Card Act
§ 27-16-1206. Application for voluntary enhanced security driver's license or identification card
- (a) As an alternative to applying for the standard driver's license, commercial driver's license, or identification card under other subchapters of this chapter, a person may apply for a voluntary enhanced security driver's license, voluntary enhanced security commercial driver's license, or voluntary enhanced security identification card under this subchapter.
- (b) The Office of Driver Services of the Department of Finance and Administration shall not include an electronic chip or any type of radio frequency identification tag or chip in any driver's license or identification card or enhanced security driver's license or identification card issued by the Department of Finance and Administration.
- (c) The office shall not collect the following biometric data from applicants for any driver's license, identification card, enhanced security driver's license, or enhanced security identification card issued by the department:
- (1) Voice data used to compare live speech;
- (2) Iris recognition data such as iris scans, texture patterns, or retinal scans;
- (3) Keystroke dynamics that measure pressure applied to key pads;
- (4) Hand geometry that measures hand characteristics, including the shape and length of fingers in three (3) dimensions; and
- (5) Deoxyribonucleic acid or ribonucleic acid.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.