2017 Arkansas Code
Title 27 - Transportation
Subtitle 2 - Motor Vehicle Registration and Licensing
Chapter 16 - Driver's Licenses Generally
Subchapter 12 - Arkansas Voluntary Enhanced Security Driver's License and Identification Card Act
§ 27-16-1204. System development
- (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Director of the Department of Finance and Administration may perform any system development necessary to implement the requirements of this subchapter.
- (b) As used in this section, "system development" includes without limitation the following:
- (1) Acquisition of equipment and information technology systems and services;
- (2) Modification, conversion, or upgrade of the Department of Finance and Administration's existing databases, equipment, and information technology systems;
- (3) Establishment of electronic connectivity with any other state's motor vehicle department, federal agency, association, or business;
- (4) Creation of a new design for driver's licenses, driver permits, and identification cards that will meet the minimum content, design, and security standards required by this subchapter;
- (5) Collection, management, and retention of personal information and identity documents; and
- (6) Development and implementation of a comprehensive security plan to ensure the security and integrity of the department's:
- (A) Employees;
- (B) Facilities;
- (C) Storage systems;
- (D) Production of:
- (i) Driver's licenses;
- (ii) Driver permits; and
- (iii) Identification cards; and
- (E) Collection and retention of personal information and identity documents.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.