2017 Arkansas Code
Title 25 - State Government
Chapter 37 - Biobased Products Act of 2005
§ 25-37-101. Definitions
- As used in this chapter:
- (1) "Biobased product" means a product determined by the United States Secretary of Agriculture to be a commercial or industrial product, other than food or feed, that is composed, in whole or in significant part, of biological products or renewable domestic agricultural materials, including plant, animal, and marine materials or forestry materials;
- (A) "Biomass" means any organic material that is available on a renewable or recurring basis.
- (B) "Biomass" includes:
- (i) Agricultural crops;
- (ii) Trees grown for energy production;
- (iii) Wood waste and wood residues;
- (iv) Plants, including aquatic plants and grasses;
- (v) Residues;
- (vi) Fibers;
- (vii) Animal wastes and other waste materials; and
- (viii) Fats, oils, and greases, including recycled fats, oils, and greases.
- (C) "Biomass" does not include:
- (i) Paper that is commonly recycled; or
- (ii) Unsegregated solid waste; and
- (3) "State agency" means any agency, institution, authority, department, board, commission, bureau, council, or other agency of the state supported by appropriation of state or federal funds, including, but not limited to:
- (A) The constitutional departments of the state;
- (B) The elected constitutional offices of the state;
- (C) The General Assembly, including, but not limited to:
- (i) The Legislative Council;
- (ii) The Legislative Joint Auditing Committee; and
- (iii) Any supporting agencies and bureaus of the Legislative Council and the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee;
- (D) The Supreme Court;
- (E) The Court of Appeals;
- (F) The circuit courts;
- (G) The prosecuting attorneys; and
- (H) The Administrative Office of the Courts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.