2017 Arkansas Code
Title 23 - Public Utilities and Regulated Industries
Subtitle 3 - Insurance
Chapter 99 - Healthcare Providers
Subchapter 11 - Prior Authorization Transparency Act
§ 23-99-1102. Legislative findings and intent
- (a) The General Assembly finds that:
- (1) A physician-patient relationship is paramount and should not be subject to third-party intrusion; and
- (2) Prior authorizations can place attempted cost savings ahead of optimal patient care.
- (b) The General Assembly intends for this subchapter to:
- (1) Ensure that prior authorizations do not hinder patient care or intrude on the practice of medicine; and
- (2) Guarantee that prior authorizations include the use of written clinical criteria and reviews by appropriate physicians to secure a fair authorization review process for patients.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.