2017 Arkansas Code
Title 22 - Public Property
Chapter 5 - State Lands Generally
Subchapter 7 - Field Notes and Records
§ 22-5-704. Fees for copies
- (a) The clerk of each county court shall issue, when called by any person, a copy of the field notes and maps of the county and is authorized to charge fifty cents (50cent(s)) for each copy.
- (b) No copy shall contain more than three hundred twenty (320) acres without an additional charge of fifty percent (50%) on such enlargement on any one (1) copy, to be paid by the applicant.
- (c) The Commissioner of State Lands is directed to furnish free of charge to any county in this state which has lost its field notes of land surveys of the county by the burning of its courthouse copies of the field notes relating to the survey of lands in the county, at as early a time as may be, after the county judge of the county shall file with the Commissioner of State Lands an application for copies of the lost or destroyed field notes.
- (d) Each county surveyor shall have the liberty of copying any of the field notes and maps kept in the county courthouse for his or her own use, without charge of any kind.
- (e) It shall be the duty of the county clerk of each county to make a true report of all moneys collected by him or her for copies issued of the field notes and maps to the county court at settlement term in each year.
- (f) It shall be the duty of the court to charge the clerk thirty percent (30%) on all moneys collected by him or her pursuant to this section, and the court shall order the sheriff of the county to collect the percentage so charged and pay it over to the county treasurer, to be used as other county funds.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.