2017 Arkansas Code
Title 22 - Public Property
Chapter 5 - State Lands Generally
Subchapter 7 - Field Notes and Records
§ 22-5-701. Field notes and other papers as public records -- Right to inspect and copy
- (a) The field notes, transcripts, documents, maps, plats, records, and other papers kept in the office of the Commissioner of State Lands are declared to be public records.
- (b) Under the authority and direction of the Director of the Bureau of Land Management, any deputy surveyor or other agent of the United States shall have free access to any such public records for the purpose of taking extracts therefrom or making copies thereof, without charge of any kind.
- (c) The Commissioner of State Lands and the clerks in his or her office shall be allowed to take extracts from or make copies of any of the public records in the office of the Commissioner of State Lands.
- (d) All other persons may have the right to inspect the public records under the supervision of the Commissioner of State Lands or the clerks in his or her office.
- (e) The Commissioner of State Lands shall assign a space in his or her office for the reception and safekeeping of records and shall allow free access to the records by the authorities of the United States.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.