2017 Arkansas Code
Title 22 - Public Property
Chapter 5 - State Lands Generally
Subchapter 3 - Administration
§ 22-5-305. State Land Use Committee -- Commissioner of State Lands as secretary -- Employment of person with technical training -- Assignment of employees -- Supervision
- (a) A State Land Use Committee shall be appointed by the Commissioner of State Lands, to be composed of nine (9) members, each of whom shall be a qualified elector.
- (b) The Commissioner of State Lands shall appoint one (1) member from each of the seven (7) congressional districts and two (2) members at large for a term of two (2) years.
- (c) The appointments shall be made with the advice and consent of the Senate.
- (d) The Commissioner of State Lands shall serve as secretary to the committee and shall receive a salary of two thousand dollars ($2,000) per year for his or her services.
- (e) The Commissioner of State Lands may employ one (1) person who has had technical training in problems relating to land use and who shall assist in the performance of any duties that may be required by the committee. The Commissioner of State Lands shall determine the salary of this employee.
- (f) The supervising officer of any state agency or institution of education may detail or assign to the committee members of the staff of the agency or institution and may make such special reports, investigations, or studies as the committee may request.
- (g) The Commissioner of State Lands may request the committee and other state or federal agencies whose regular functions require an understanding of land qualities and land classification for particular uses to supervise the inspection, classification, and appraisal of state-owned land according to its most appropriate use, having regard to the present and future welfare of the state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.