2017 Arkansas Code
Title 21 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 6 - Fees
Subchapter 3 - County Officers
§ 21-6-309. Notaries public
- (a) A notary public authorized to perform notarial acts in this state may charge and collect a fee for a notarial act if the fee:
- (1) Is a reasonable amount as determined by the notary public; and
- (2) The fee is disclosed to and agreed upon by the client or principal before executing the notarial act.
- (1) A notary public who knowingly charges, demands, or receives any fees not provided by law, or who charges, demands, or receives a fee amount that violates subsection (a) of this section, is guilty of a violation.
- (2) Upon conviction, the notary public shall be fined no less than one hundred dollars ($100) for each offense.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.