2017 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health and Welfare
Subtitle 4 - Food, Drugs, and Cosmetics
Chapter 64 - Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Subchapter 8 - Persons Addicted to Alcohol or Drugs
§ 20-64-817. Statement of rights
- Every petition for involuntary commitment shall include or contain as an attachment the following statement of rights:
- (1) That the person has the right to effective assistance of counsel, including the right to a court-appointed attorney;
- (2) That the person and his or her attorney have the right to be present at all significant stages of the proceedings and at all hearings, except that no attorney shall be entitled to be present upon examination of the person by the treatment staff for the purpose of evaluation or treatment;
- (3) That the person has the right to present evidence in his or her own behalf and cross-examine witnesses who testify against him or her;
- (4) That the person has the right to remain silent; and
- (5) That the person has a right to view and copy all petitions, reports, and documents contained in the court file.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.