2017 Arkansas Code
Title 20 - Public Health and Welfare
Subtitle 4 - Food, Drugs, and Cosmetics
Chapter 64 - Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Subchapter 7 - Persons Addicted to Alcohol
§ 20-64-705. Division of Aging, Adult, and Behavioral Health Services -- Power to accept gifts

Universal Citation: AR Code § 20-64-705 (2017)
  • (a)
    • (1) The deputy director, on behalf of the Division of Aging, Adult, and Behavioral Health Services of the Department of Human Services, may receive any federal means, grants, contributions, gifts, and loans which are payable or distributable to the State of Arkansas by the United States or any of its agencies or instrumentalities, under any existing or future federal laws or statutes or rules or regulations of the agencies or instrumentalities, received for or on account of any of the functions performable by the division.
    • (2) The division may also receive gifts, grants, donations, fees, conveyances, or transfers of money and property, both real and personal, from private and public sources, to effectuate the purposes of this subchapter.
  • (b) The deputy director, on behalf of the division, shall sell or dispose of such real or personal property as the division deems advisable, upon specific authorization of the division.
  • (c) Any funds and income from any property so furnished or transferred to the deputy director on behalf of the division shall be placed in the State Treasury in a special fund called the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Fund Account [repealed] and expended in the same manner as other state moneys are expended, upon warrants drawn by the comptroller upon the order of the division.
  • (d) Any of the moneys, funds, and property described in this section are appropriated for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this subchapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.