2017 Arkansas Code
Title 2 - Agriculture
Subtitle 2 - Agronomy
Chapter 15 - General Provisions
Subchapter 4 - Arkansas Industrial Hemp Act
§ 2-15-409. License required -- Records
- (1) A person shall obtain an industrial hemp grower license under this subchapter before planting or growing industrial hemp in this state.
- (2) An industrial hemp grower license holder who has planted and grown industrial hemp in this state may sell the industrial hemp to a person engaged in agribusiness or other manufacturing for the purpose of research, processing, or manufacturing that industrial hemp into hemp products.
- (b) An industrial hemp grower shall:
- (1) Maintain records that reflect compliance with this subchapter and all other state laws regulating the planting and cultivation of industrial hemp;
- (2) Retain all industrial hemp production records for at least three (3) years;
- (3) Allow industrial hemp crops, throughout sowing, growing, and harvesting, to be inspected by and at the discretion of the State Plant Board or its agents;
- (4) File with the board documentation indicating that the industrial hemp seeds planted were of a type and variety certified to have no more tetrahydrocannabinol concentration than that adopted in the federal Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. § 801 et seq.;
- (5) Notify the board of the sale of industrial hemp grown under the license and the names and addresses of the persons to whom the industrial hemp was sold; and
- (6) Provide the board with copies of each contract between the licensee and a person to whom industrial hemp was sold.
- (c) A person licensed to grow industrial hemp under this subchapter may import and resell industrial hemp seed that has been certified as having no more tetrahydrocannabinol concentration than that adopted in the federal Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. § 801 et seq.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.