2017 Arkansas Code
Title 2 - Agriculture
Subtitle 2 - Agronomy
Chapter 15 - General Provisions
Subchapter 4 - Arkansas Industrial Hemp Act
§ 2-15-405. Interagency cooperation
- (a) The Division of Agriculture of the University of Arkansas may provide research and development related services under this subchapter for the State Plant Board, including without limitation:
- (1) Testing of industrial hemp;
- (2) Processing of documents relating to the program of licensure;
- (3) Financial accounting and recordkeeping, and other budgetary functions; and
- (4) Meeting coordination and staffing.
- (b) (1) The Arkansas Economic Development Commission may work in conjunction with the board to promote:
- (A) The development of industrial hemp production in the state; and
- (B) The commercialization of hemp products in agribusiness, alternative fuel production, and other business sectors, to the greatest extent possible.
- (2) The commission may promote the availability of financial incentives offered by state government for the processing and manufacture of industrial hemp into hemp products in the state, including without limitation incentives offered to interested parties both within and without this state.
- (c) Administrative expenses under this section shall be paid from the Arkansas Industrial Hemp Program Fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.