2017 Arkansas Code
Title 18 - Property
Subtitle 2 - Real Property
Chapter 15 - Eminent Domain
Subchapter 11 - Irrigation Companies
§ 18-15-1102. Drawing or directing water from watercourse
- (a) Whenever a corporation, in the construction of its system of canals, ditches, drains, conduits, aqueducts, or other means of conducting water, shall deem it necessary, it may, as provided in this subchapter, draw water from any river, lake, or creek by any means which the corporation may provide and, in general, do any act necessary or convenient in accomplishing the purpose contemplated by this subchapter.
- (b) Whenever a corporation shall propose to construct or extend its canals or works, or shall prepare to extend its system of canals or works, so as to connect with any river, lake, creek, or other watercourse, and to direct the water of the river, lake, creek, or other watercourse within or through its system of canals or works, it shall proceed as follows:
- (A) The corporation shall cause to be made a survey of the lines along which it proposes to construct its canals or other works and of all lands or other property to be affected by the canals or other works, or by flowage, drainage, or otherwise.
- (B) For that purpose, the corporation by its officers or agents may enter upon any land for the purpose of making surveys and measurements or for obtaining any other necessary information relative to the construction or extension of the system of canals or other works, doing no unnecessary damage to the property; and
- (2) After the survey is made and the lines located it shall cause to be made a map showing the location of the lines extension, or improvements, and the lands necessary to be taken for the construction, extension, or improvements, and all lands or other property to be affected by flowage, drainage, or otherwise. The map shall be verified under oath by the surveyor making it as being just and correct as he or she verily believes.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.