2017 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 7 - Particular Proceedings and Remedies
Chapter 120 - Immunity From Tort Liability
Subchapter 3 - Injuries or Damages Related to Criminal Activity
§ 16-120-301. Injury or damage to person committing felony
- If a person while committing a felony is injured or his or her property damaged, the person who causes such injury or damage shall not be liable for damages nor subject to suit for the injury or damage, provided that:
- (1) The person causing such injury or damage has not acted with malice;
- (2) The person committing the felony has not clearly retreated from the felonious activity;
- (3) The person causing such injury or damage has not prearranged a trap that would automatically inflict injury or damage to any person entering a certain location; and
- (4) The act causing the injury or damage was the result of or in response to the commission of the felony.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.