2017 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 7 - Particular Proceedings and Remedies
Chapter 105 - Abatement of Nuisances
Subchapter 2 - Roadhouses, Tourist Camps, Etc.
§ 16-105-207. Hearings for temporary and permanent injunction -- Bond -- Notice
- (1) In the proceedings, the circuit court, upon the presentation of a bill therefor alleging that the public nuisance complained of exists, shall award a temporary injunction, with such bond as required by law in cases where the bill is filed by citizens and freeholders.
- (2) However, no bond shall be required when the bill or petition is filed by the officers mentioned in this subchapter if it shall be made to appear to the satisfaction of the circuit court, by evidence in the form of a due and proper verification of the bill or petition under oath, or of affidavits, depositions, oral testimony, or otherwise, as the complainants or petitioners may elect, that the allegations of the bill or petition are true, enjoining and restraining the further continuance of the public nuisance, and the closing of the building or place wherein the public nuisance is conducted until the further order of the circuit court.
- (1) Five (5) days' notice in writing shall be given the defendant of the hearing of an application for a permanent injunction, but no notice shall be required of the hearing of a temporary injunction. If a hearing is continued at the instance of defendant, the writ as prayed for shall be granted as a matter of course.
- (2) When the injunction has been granted, it shall be binding upon the defendant throughout the county until modified or set aside by the circuit court having cognizance of the case.
- (3) Any violation thereof, by the defendant or upon his or her procurement, shall be a contempt of court and punished as provided in § 16-105-203.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.