2017 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 93 - Probation and Parole
Subchapter 3 - Probation and Suspended Imposition of Sentence
§ 16-93-314. Probation generally -- Discharge
- (1) The court may discharge the defendant from probation at any time.
- (2) If a judgment of conviction was not entered by the court at the time of suspension or probation and the defendant fully complies with the conditions of suspension or probation for the period of suspension or probation, the court shall discharge the defendant and dismiss any proceedings against him or her.
- (1) Subject to the provisions of §§ 5-4-501 -- 5-4-504, a person against whom proceedings are discharged or dismissed under subsection (a) of this section may seek to have the criminal record sealed, consistent with the procedures established in the Comprehensive Criminal Record Sealing Act of 2013, § 16-90-1401 et seq.
- (2) This subsection does not apply if:
- (A) The person applying for discharge has been convicted of a sexual offense as defined by § 5-14-101 et seq.; and
- (B) The victim was under eighteen (18) years of age.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.