2017 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 90 - Judgment and Sentence Generally
Subchapter 14 - Comprehensive Criminal Record Sealing Act of 2013
§ 16-90-1419. Filing fee
- (a) The circuit clerk or district court clerk shall collect a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) for filing the uniform petition unless the petitioner is indigent and the fee is waived under Rule 72 of the Arkansas Rules of Civil Procedure.
- (b) The circuit clerk or district court clerk shall remit:
- (1) One-half (1/2) of the fee by the tenth day of each month to the Administration of Justice Funds Section of the Office of Administrative Services of the Department of Finance and Administration on a form provided by that office for deposit into the State Administration of Justice Fund; and
- (2) The remaining one-half (1/2) of the fee as follows:
- (A) If collected in circuit court, to the county treasurer to be deposited into the county general fund by the tenth day of each month;
- (B) If collected in district court, to the treasury of each political subdivision that contributes to the expenses of the district court based on the percentage of the expenses contributed by the political subdivision by the tenth day of each month; or
- (C) In a district court funded solely by the county, to the county treasurer of the county in which the district court is located to be deposited into the county general fund by the tenth day of each month.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.