2017 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 90 - Judgment and Sentence Generally
Subchapter 14 - Comprehensive Criminal Record Sealing Act of 2013
§ 16-90-1410. Sealing records of nolle prosequi, dismissed cases, or cases when the disposition is an acquittal
- (a) A person may petition to seal the records of a case in which there was for any reason:
- (1) Entry of an order nolle prosequi upon motion of the prosecuting attorney after one (1) year has passed since the date of the entry of the order nolle prosequi;
- (2) Entry of an order of dismissal;
- (3) An acquittal, unless that acquittal was for reason of mental disease or defect under § 5-2-301 et seq.; or
- (4) A decision by the prosecuting attorney not to file charges.
- (b) The petition shall be filed in the court in which the order nolle prosequi or order of dismissal was entered.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.