2017 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 90 - Judgment and Sentence Generally
Subchapter 14 - Comprehensive Criminal Record Sealing Act of 2013
§ 16-90-1403. Scope
- (a) This subchapter governs all proceedings involving the sealing of criminal records.
- (b) Inconsistencies between this subchapter and any other sections within the Arkansas Code in existence January 1, 2014, are resolved in favor of this subchapter, except that this subchapter does not apply to:
- (1) The Arkansas Drug Court Act, § 16-98-301 et seq.;
- (2) Extended juvenile jurisdiction records under § 9-27-508, unless the records are considered adult criminal records under § 9-27-501 et seq.; and
- (3) The sealing of juvenile records.
- (1) A court may hear a proceeding under this subchapter only if a uniform petition is initially filed by the petitioner.
- (2) A court may only use a uniform order if the court decides to seal a criminal record under this subchapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.