2017 Arkansas Code
Title 16 - Practice, Procedure, and Courts
Subtitle 6 - Criminal Procedure Generally
Chapter 90 - Judgment and Sentence Generally
Subchapter 10 - Local Crime Stoppers Programs
§ 16-90-1008. Payments from probationers
- (a) A court may not order a probationer to make any payments as a term and condition of probation, except for fines, court costs, restitution of the victim, payment to a local crime stoppers program under subsection (b) of this section, and other terms and conditions expressly authorized by statute.
- (1) In addition to any other terms and conditions imposed under this section, the court may require the probationer as a condition of his or her probation to make one (1) payment in any amount not to exceed fifty dollars ($50.00) to a local crime stoppers program and as certified by the Crime Victims Reparations Board.
- (2) In imposing the condition, the court shall consider the ability of the probationer to make the payment and the effectiveness and fiscal responsibility of the local crime stoppers program.
- (1) A local crime stoppers program that receives a payment from a probationer may not use the payment for any purpose other than the payment of a reward to a person who reports information concerning criminal activity.
- (2) No later than January 15 of each year, a local crime stoppers program that receives or expends money under this section shall file a detailed report with the Adult Probation Office of the Department of Community Correction that accounts for all money received and expended under this section during the preceding calendar year.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.