2017 Arkansas Code
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs
Subtitle 2 - Law Enforcement Agencies and Programs
Chapter 18 - Child Maltreatment Act
Subchapter 7 - Investigative Findings
§ 12-18-706. Notice if the alleged offender is eighteen years of age or older
- Notification to an alleged offender who was eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of the act or omission that resulted in a true finding of child maltreatment shall include the following:
- (1) The investigative determination, excluding data that would identify the person who made the report to the Child Abuse Hotline;
- (2) A statement that the person named as the alleged offender of the true report may request an administrative hearing;
- (3) A statement that the request must be made to the Department of Human Services within thirty (30) days of receipt of the service or certified mailing of the notice of determination;
- (4) The potential consequences to the person if the person's name is placed on the Child Maltreatment Central Registry;
- (5) A statement that the person has a right to have an attorney and that if the person cannot afford an attorney to contact the Center for Arkansas Legal Services;
- (6) A statement that if the person's name is placed on the registry, the person's name may be automatically removed after one (1) year or the person may be able to petition for removal after one (1) year, depending on the finding;
- (7) The name of the person making the notification to the alleged offender, his or her title or position, and current contact information; and
- (8) A statement that the administrative hearing may take place in person if requested by the alleged offender or the alleged offender's attorney within thirty (30) days from the date that the alleged offender receives notification under this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.