2017 Arkansas Code
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs
Subtitle 2 - Law Enforcement Agencies and Programs
Chapter 14 - State Capitol Police
§ 12-14-102. Duties -- Authority
- (a) Except to the extent otherwise limited by the Secretary of State, State Capitol Police appointed pursuant to the authority contained in this chapter shall:
- (1) Protect property;
- (2) Preserve and maintain proper order and decorum;
- (3) Prevent unlawful assemblies and disorderly conduct;
- (4) Exclude and eject persons from and prevent trespass upon and in all of the State Capitol grounds and other grounds, buildings, improvements, streets, alleys, and sidewalks under control of the Secretary of State; and
- (5) Have the authority to regulate the operation and parking of motor vehicles upon the State Capitol grounds and other grounds under control of the Secretary of State and upon all streets adjoining and traversing the State Capitol grounds, as long as it does not impede normal traffic patterns.
- (b) The State Capitol Police officers shall have and exercise police supervision on behalf of the Secretary of State and are authorized as peace officers to arrest, with or without warrant, any person upon or in the areas described in this section or within the boundaries of the State of Arkansas who is or is reasonably believed to be committing an offense against any laws of the State of Arkansas or against the ordinances of the city where the State Capitol grounds are located, and to deliver the person before any court of competent jurisdiction to be dealt with according to law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.