2017 Arkansas Code
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, and Military Affairs
Subtitle 2 - Law Enforcement Agencies and Programs
Chapter 10 - Communications Systems
Subchapter 2 - Statewide Radio Communications System
§ 12-10-205. Frequency allocation
- (a) The assigned county operating frequency will be used for:
- (1) Base-to-mobile and mobile-to-mobile unit transmissions within each county;
- (2) Base-to-base radio transmissions within those counties which have more than one (1) base station operating on the county frequency;
- (3) Emergency transmission using a 10-33 code within each county when assistance from other counties or the Department of Arkansas State Police is not needed; and
- (A) With permission of the county sheriffs concerned, adjacent counties may allow each other's mobile units to install, receive, and transmit crystals and operate, when necessary, on each other's assigned county operating frequency.
- (B) In lieu of the preceding, adjacent county law enforcement mobile units may install receivers or scanners on each other's assigned county frequency in order to have cross band communication capability with each other.
- (b) The statewide base-to-base frequency, thirty-seven and two tenths megahertz (37.20 MHz), will be used for:
- (1) All routine base-to-base law enforcement radio transmissions between city and county and law enforcement agencies located in different counties. It can also be used for a base-to-base radio transmission in the same county when necessary; and
- (2) Routine access to the nearest state police district headquarters and the nearest national crime information center or criminal justice information system computer terminal.
- (1) The statewide emergency frequency, thirty-seven and twenty-four hundredths megahertz (37.24 MHz), will be used under special conditions found in § 12-10-204 and when radio contact between various law enforcement base stations or mobile units is mandatory for the preservation of peace or the protection of life and property.
- (2) The statewide emergency frequency may be used by law enforcement agencies within their assigned jurisdiction in the event of a breakdown on the county operating frequency or the statewide base-to-base frequency, only as an interim measure in lieu of the assigned county operating frequency or the statewide base-to-base frequency, if all three (3) of the following conditions are met:
- (A) The breakdown has occurred on a base station. Mobile unit breakdowns on the county frequency will not be cause for use of the emergency frequency;
- (B) Maximum efforts are exerted in getting the broken-down base station back on the air; and
- (C) All surrounding counties are to be advised as to why the emergency frequency is being used in lieu of the county operating frequency or statewide base-to-base frequency and an approximate time as to when this condition will be corrected.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.