There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Arkansas Code
Title 11 - Labor and Industrial Relations
Chapter 10 - Department of Workforce Services Law
Subchapter 6 - Shared Work Plans
§ 11-10-609. Eligibility for compensation
Universal Citation: AR Code § 11-10-609 (2017)
- (a) An individual is eligible to receive shared work unemployment compensation benefits with respect to any week only if, in addition to monetary entitlement, the Director of the Department of Workforce Services finds that:
- (1) During the week, the individual is employed as a member of an affected group under an approved shared work compensation plan that was approved before that week, and the plan is in effect with respect to the week for which the benefits are claimed;
- (A) During the week, the individual is able to work and is available for the normal work week with the shared work employer.
- (B) However, an otherwise eligible individual shall not be denied benefits with respect to any week in which he or she is in training to enhance job skills, including employer-sponsored training and worker training funded under the Arkansas Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, § 15-4-3701 et seq., if the training has been approved by the director.
- (b) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter to the contrary, an individual is deemed unemployed in any week for which remuneration is payable to him or her as an employee in an affected group for ninety percent (90%) or less than his or her normal weekly hours of work as specified under the approved shared work compensation plan in effect for the week.
- (c) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter to the contrary, an individual shall not be denied shared work unemployment compensation benefits for any week by reason of the application of provisions relating to availability for work and active search for work with an employer other than the shared work unemployment compensation employer.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.