2016 Arkansas Code
Title 9 - Family Law
Subtitle 3 - Minors
Chapter 30 - Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Act
§ 9-30-104. State Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board
(a) The State Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board is created as an autonomous agency.
(b) (1) The board shall be composed of nine (9) members appointed by the Governor:
(A) One (1) from each of the present four (4) congressional districts;
(B) Four (4) from the state at large; and
(C) The Director of the Division of Children and Family Services of the Department of Human Services or his or her designee.
(2) No more than three (3) members of the board shall reside in the same congressional district.
(3) As a group, the members shall demonstrate knowledge in the area of child abuse and neglect prevention and to the extent practicable shall be representative of the professional providers of child abuse and neglect prevention services, volunteers in child abuse and neglect prevention services, and providers of domestic violence programs.
(c) (1) The term of each member shall be three (3) years with the exception of the position designated for the director.
(2) A member shall not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms, whether partial or full.
(3) A vacancy shall be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the same manner as the original appointment.
(d) (1) The Governor shall designate a chair of the board from among its members, who shall serve in that position at the pleasure of the Governor.
(2) The board may elect such other officers and committees as it considers appropriate.
(e) Board members may receive expense reimbursement in accordance with § 25-16-901 et seq.
(f) The board may appoint an executive director who, subject to approval by the board, shall hire all staff required to implement this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.