2016 Arkansas Code
Title 9 - Family Law
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
Chapter 4 - Arkansas Domestic Peace Act
§ 9-4-107. Fiscal requirements
Every shelter shall:
(1) Incorporate in this state as a private nonprofit corporation that is exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3), and that has the primary purpose of providing services to victims of domestic abuse or domestic violence;
(2) Be governed by a board of directors;
(3) Develop and implement written personnel policies that state the shelter's employment practices;
(4) Develop and implement written procedures that conform with the uniform system of recordkeeping developed by the Arkansas Child Abuse/Rape/Domestic Violence Commission or its designee to ensure proper handling of funds; and
(5) Provide the commission or its designee with statistical data that states the following:
(A) The type of services provided by the shelter; and
(B) The number of victims and children served each year.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.