2016 Arkansas Code
Title 9 - Family Law
Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
Chapter 4 - Arkansas Domestic Peace Act
§ 9-4-103. Duties of the Arkansas Child Abuse/Rape/Domestic Violence Commission
(a) Regarding the administration of the Domestic Peace Fund and an entity receiving funding under this chapter, the Arkansas Child Abuse/Rape/Domestic Violence Commission or its designee, to the extent funding is appropriated and available, shall:
(1) Annually evaluate each shelter for compliance with the program, fiscal, and training requirements under this chapter;
(2) Promulgate rules, regulations, procedures, and forms for the evaluation of each shelter;
(3) Adopt a uniform system of recordkeeping to ensure the proper handling of funds by shelters;
(4) Provide training and technical assistance to shelters to ensure minimum standards of service delivery;
(5) Serve as a clearinghouse for information relating to domestic abuse; and
(6) Provide educational programs on domestic abuse for the benefit of the general public, victims, specific groups of persons, and other persons as needed.
(b) (1) The commission may enter into contracts with any entity to fulfill its duties under this chapter.
(2) The entity must meet the following requirements:
(A) The entity is organized as a statewide nonprofit corporation that provides services, community education, and technical assistance to domestic violence shelters in the state; and
(B) The entity is affiliated with one (1) or more of the following:
(i) The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence;
(ii) The National Network to End Domestic Violence; or
(iii) The Battered Women's Justice Project.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.