2016 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 21 - School Property and Supplies
Subchapter 8 - -- Arkansas Public School Academic Facilities Program Act
§ 6-21-804. Arkansas Public School Academic Facilities Program
(a) The Division of Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation shall develop a comprehensive Arkansas Public School Academic Facilities Program that includes the following components:
(1) An Academic Facilities Master Plan Program that establishes a process by which:
(A) Each school district develops and submits a facilities master plan for review and approval by the division; and
(B) The division develops a comprehensive state master plan for managing state financial participation in local academic facilities projects across the state;
(2) A Public School Facilities Custodial, Maintenance, Repair, and Renovation Manual that contains uniform standards to direct custodial, maintenance, repair, and renovation activities in public school facilities;
(3) A Public School Academic Facilities Manual that contains uniform standards to guide the planning, design, and construction of new academic facilities and additions to existing academic facilities;
(4) A Public School Academic Equipment Manual that contains uniform standards for technology systems, instructional materials, and related academic equipment determined to be necessary for a public school to provide an adequate education as described in § 6-20-2302; and
(5) An Academic Facilities Distress Program to assist school districts that are unable to conserve and protect their academic facilities in accordance with this subchapter and rules adopted by the Commission for Arkansas Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation.
(b) The commission shall promulgate rules necessary to administer the Arkansas Public School Academic Facilities Program, all its component and related programs, and the provisions of this subchapter, which shall promote the intent and purposes of this subchapter and assure the prudent and resourceful expenditure of state funds with regard to public school academic facilities throughout the state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.