2016 Arkansas Code
Title 6 - Education
Subtitle 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education Generally
Chapter 10 - General Provisions
§ 6-10-123. School-based automated external defibrillator and cardiopulmonary resuscitation programs
(a) The State Board of Education, after consultation with the Department of Health, shall develop rules based on guidelines for automated external defibrillator and cardiopulmonary resuscitation training that incorporates at least the following:
(1) Health care provider oversight, including planning and review of the selection, placement, and maintenance of automated external defibrillators;
(2) Appropriate training of anticipated rescuers in the use of the automated external defibrillator and in cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
(3) Testing of psychomotor skills based on the American Heart Association scientific guidelines, standards, and recommendations for the use of the automated external defibrillator, as they existed on January 1, 2009, and for providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation as published by the American Heart Association, American Red Cross, or in equivalent course materials, as they existed on January 1, 2009;
(4) Coordination with the emergency medical services system; and
(5) An ongoing quality improvement program to monitor training and evaluate response with each use of the automated external defibrillator.
(b) Automated external defibrillator and cardiopulmonary resuscitation training shall count fully toward the existing professional development requirements for teachers and school personnel.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.