2016 Arkansas Code
Title 3 - Alcoholic Beverages
Chapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 3-1-102. Definitions
(a) As used in this act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Block" means the area on both sides of that portion of a street lying between intersecting streets and extending back, on both sides, halfway to the next parallel street;
(2) "Dispensary" means any store which, under the provisions of this act and having paid all taxes required by the state, sells at retail, in unbroken packages, for consumption off the premises, any intoxicating alcoholic liquor as defined by this act;
(3) "Hard cider" means liquor brewed from the fermented juices of fruit and containing more than three percent (3%) and not more than twenty-one percent (21%) of alcohol by weight;
(4) (A) "Malt" means liquor brewed from the fermented juices of grain and containing more than five percent (5%) of alcohol by weight.
(B) Beer containing not more than five percent (5%) of alcohol by weight and all other malt beverages containing not more than five percent (5%) of alcohol by weight are not defined as malt liquors and are excepted from each and every provision of this act;
(5) "Manufacturer" means any person engaged in the business of distilling, brewing, making, blending, rectifying, or producing for sale in wholesale quantities alcoholic liquors of any kind including whiskey, brandy, cordials, liquors, ales, beers, or other liquids containing alcohol, except wines;
(6) "Person" means any and all corporations, partnerships, associations, or individuals;
(7) "Spirituous" means liquor distilled from the fermented juices of grain, fruits, or vegetables and containing more than twenty-one percent (21%) of alcohol by weight, or any other liquids containing more than twenty-one percent (21%) of alcohol by weight; and
(8) "Vinous" means the fermented juices of fruits, except native wine, containing more than five percent (5%) and not more than twenty-one percent (21%) of alcohol by weight.
(b) All other words used in this act shall be defined according to the statutes in such case made and provided, if any, and otherwise shall be defined according to the custom and usage of the people of Arkansas.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.