2016 Arkansas Code
Title 25 - State Government
Chapter 30 - Department of Career Education
Subchapter 1 - -- Career Education and Workforce Development
§ 25-30-106. Department of Career Education
(a) There is created the Department of Career Education.
(b) (1) The Arkansas Rehabilitation Services as an agency responsible to the Career Education and Workforce Development Board and as a part of the Department of Career Education shall function as an agency in accordance with § 6-52-101 et seq. and § 25-30-201 et seq.
(2) This subchapter shall assure that the Arkansas Rehabilitation Services functions organizationally at a level at least equal to that of any division or entity of the Department of Career Education.
(c) The Governor shall appoint a director of the Department of Career Education who shall:
(1) Be a member of the Governor's cabinet;
(2) Be confirmed by the Governor; and
(3) Serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(d) The director shall devote all of his or her time to the duties of his or her office, shall act as agent of the board, and shall perform such other duties as are designated by the board or by statute.
(e) The director shall serve as the ex officio secretary of the board without vote.
(f) The person selected as director shall:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Be recognized as a leader in the field of vocational or workforce education;
(3) Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; and
(4) Be qualified technically and by experience to direct the work of the Department of Career Education.
(g) No person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity to any member of the board shall be eligible to serve as director of the Department of Career Education.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.