2016 Arkansas Code
Title 25 - State Government
Chapter 3 - Department of Arkansas Heritage
§ 25-3-101. Legislative intent -- Construction
(a) The General Assembly declares that this act is necessary:
(1) To create a structure of state government which will be responsive to the cultural needs of the people of this state and sufficiently flexible to meet changing conditions;
(2) To provide for greater budgetary and administrative efficiencies within an orderly organizational structure of government;
(3) To encourage greater participation of the public in the cultural affairs of the state;
(4) To effect the grouping of culturally oriented state agencies and programs into one (1) department; and
(5) To eliminate overlapping and duplication of effort.
(b) It is the intent of the General Assembly to provide for an orderly transfer of powers, duties, and functions of the various state programs or agencies to the Department of Arkansas Heritage with a minimum of disruption of governmental services and functions and with a minimum of expense.
(c) To the ends stated in this section, this act shall be liberally construed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.